The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC and was designed to harmonise data privacy laws across Europe, to protect and empower all EU citizens’ data privacy and to reshape the way organisations approach data privacy.
The new regulations came into force on 25 May 2018 and introduced an enhanced EU-wide data protection regime.
At the Prosper 4 Group we have been reviewing and, where necessary, updating, our data protection practices; we have been developing our own systems, procedures, processes, polices etc. to ensure that internally we meet the enhanced GDPR requirements.
GDPR gives an even greater emphasis on ‘privacy by design’, where data privacy is the default option.
Under the GDPR, the data protection principles set out the main responsibilities for organisations.
Prosper 4 Group will comply with the GDPR principles, which require that personal data is:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures
In these circumstances, we may collect and process your data with your consent. This may be to receive email correspondence with information relating to news and information. When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear which data is necessary in connection with the service you are receiving. There will always be an option to withdraw consent within this correspondence.
When do we collect your data?
We normally collect your data when you:
- Enquire about our activities
- Register as one of our mentors
- Become a programme participant
- Subscribe to our services
- Make a donation to us
- Make comments on public message boards or discussion forums
We will only request your information where it is necessary to carry out a particular service. You are under no obligation to provide us with your information, but this may limit our ability where certain information is needed to undertake a particular activity.
How do we use your data?
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- Send you our newsletters from time to time
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us which we feel may interest you
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- Notify you about changes to our service
- Fundraise in accordance with our policies and procedures
- Administer your donation or support your fundraising, including processing gift aid
- Keep a record of your relationship with us
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may, on occasion anonymise information that you have provided so that we can use it in a way that does not personally identify you. For example, we may use your case when compiling a case study with personal information removed. We will not seek your consent to using your information in a way that doesn’t personally identify you. We will however seek your consent if there is a risk that the information used may identify you.
Who do we share your data with?
We may share your data with third parties outside of Prosper 4 Group for the following:
- Where you consent to this data being shared
- Where the data is available to the public
- When there appears to be a serious risk of harm to you
- To protect others (e.g. safeguarding issues)
Other than the above, we will not:
- Provide your data to any third party without consent
- Pass your data to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent
How do we communicate?
You can sign up to receive emails from us by subscribing to our mailing list. In each email you receive there will be an option to unsubscribe from future emails.
How do we protect your data?
We have clear policies and procedures in place to keep your personal data safe and secure and these are regularly assessed and reviewed. Access to your personal data is password-protected and we protect our IT software and sensitive data is sent via our encrypted CJSM email address.
How long will we keep your data?
We only keep your data for as long as is necessary.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. For example, the company that securely hosts our off-site cloud storage servers. We may disclose your data to third parties, only to be able to provide our services. We may pass your information to our third-party service providers and associated parties for the purposes of completing tasks on our behalf. When we use third party providers, we disclose only the information that is necessary to deliver the service, and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure. We will only disclose your data if required by law.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request:
- If you would like us to correct or update any information, or if you would like information deleted from our records, please email us at Michael.corrigan@Prosper4.com
- The details of the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018 We may ask you for an administration fee of £10.00
- If you want to access your information, send a description of the information you want to see and proof of your identity by mail to Michael.corrigan@Prosper4.com
- If at any time you would like us to change the way we contact you, please email Michael.corrigan@Prosper4.com
- We will only email you if we believe you have consented for us to, so if you receive anything you haven’t asked for please do let us know. In every email we send there will be instructions on how to unsubscribe.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Changes to this policy
This policy may change from time to time. In this case, the amended version will be published on this site.